Sunday, May 29, 2011

What are the Causes of Teeth Discoloration?

 Teeth discoloration is a common dental problem that annoys men and women alike. Before you think about whitening your teeth, you should understand why teeth get discolored or yellow in the first place.


1. Cigarettes – If you want a beautiful smile, you should avoid smoking. Cigarettes and cigars stain the teeth and make them look dull and unattractive. Chewing tobacco can also stain the teeth. Keep in mind that if you quit smoking and get your teeth whitened, you will feel better about yourself and your teeth will look fabulous.

2. Medicine – Some over-the-counter medicines and antibiotics can dull the teeth and make them look yellow. Some antihistamines also stain the teeth. If you take medication, tell your dentist or doctor about it and find out if it’s affecting the appearance of your teeth...

3. Genetics and aging – As people get older, their teeth lose their luster and they can become yellow in color. Some people also have a thicker enamel and naturally brighter teeth, so you can thank your mother and father for your smile.

4. Dark drinks – If you want to keep your teeth looking bright, you should avoid dark-colored beverages like coffee and sodas. Red wine, beer, and fruity drinks can also make the teeth yellow. If you must drink these beverages, you should rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash after you drink them. You can also protect your front teeth by sipping these beverages with a straw.

5. Food – Colorful foods can also cause the teeth to get yellow such as cherries, blueberries, soy sauce, and cranberries. After eating these foods, you should brush your teeth with a quality toothpaste.

6. Bad habits – If you don’t take care of your oral health, your teeth will appear yellow and dull. If you want a whiter smile, make sure you brush after meals, floss, and visit a dentist twice a year for professional dental cleanings. If you don’t follow these tips, plaque will build up on your teeth and your teeth will become discolored. Good oral hygiene habits will help you prevent stains and decrease your risk of tooth decay and other problems.

7. Dental restorations – Silver fillings and other metallic restorations can stain the teeth over time. If you’re concerned that your fillings will discolor your teeth, you should consult with an experienced dentist.

Many people are not happy with their teeth. Their teeth may not look as good as they would like them too. They may look yellow, brown, or even gray, making them feel self-conscious when they are around people.
If your teeth are discolored or stained, you should consult with a qualified dentist. Your dentist will develop a teeth whitening treatment plan that suits your needs.

7 comments:

  1. The most commonly consumed beverages like coffee tea can easily leave black stains behind your teeth. To have bright and clear white smile visit the best dental clinic for Teeth Whitening in Saskatoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never ever try to hide your smile, we must always be very proud of our smile because it will always reflect your smile.
    Teeth Whitening Orangeville

    ReplyDelete
  4. For your added boost of confidence, we offer many options, such as ZoomAdvanced Power (Zoom 3) whitening and custom whitening kits. Please contact us today to find out more about these options and which one is best for you.
    Teeth Whitening hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know about this discoloration of teeth. Was not aware about it earlier. My friend is also having this problem of teeth yellowing. Planning to take her to dentist Manhattan Beach for a solution. Actually this embarrass her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Antonio Jefferson Cole, I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how I got healed from genital herpes 12 hours ago. I have read so many comments from some people who have been cured of HIV by Dr. Ekpiku, but I never believed them. I was hurt and depressed, so I was very curious and wanted to try Dr. Ekpiku, so I contacted him on his email Ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com when I get in touch with him, he assured me 100% that it will heal me, I begged Him to help me. My treatment was a great success, he healed me as he promised. He sent me his medication and asked me to go for check-up after 2 weeks of taking the medication. I agree with him, I took this medication and went to the check-up after 2 month, to my greatest surprise my result was negative after treatment, I am really happy that I am healed and healthy again. I waited for four months to make sure I was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test today and was still negative Herpes, so I think its time I tell someone out there with Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, hepatitis B, diabetes, cancer and so on, Dr. Ekpiku in the email: Ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com . Your phone number is +2348073673757, He is also on whats app. I completely understand how you can feel skeptical about it, because it happened to me, it can be expensive for you, but I'm telling you now that there is a cure for these diseases and I am a living witness firsthand.or you can email me on antoniojeffersoncole@gmail.com for any assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. same day veneers

    ReplyDelete